What is the SGM Way? It’s the art of delivering an “Extraordinary Experience” to our clients and team members. At Schill Grounds Management, we believe that Extraordinary Experiences come from Extraordinary People and that the foundation for Extraordinary People is an Extraordinary Culture.
We invite you to experience our Extraordinary Culture and discover what sets us apart from other landscaping companies. With perks running the gamut from monthly incentive bonuses, employee appreciation events, and year-round employment opportunities all the way to career development training and a full benefits package, we believe in investing in Extraordinary People.
We think there is no better way for students get a feel for our culture and begin their career than through an SGM internship. Let us help you translate your classroom learning into real world, industry experience!
What will you gain from a Landscaping Internship at Schill?
- The experience of being mentored and trained by true landscaping professionals
- Professional relationships and networking opportunities that will last beyond the summer and well into your professional career
- Real-word experience and exposure to new trends in our industry
- A paycheck - earn money while building your skillset and enhancing your resume!
What types of internships are available at Schill?
We have two distinct programs available, depending on where you are in your education and career development.
Rotational Internship Program
This program is designed to give you a well-balanced experience in all aspects of running a commercial landscaping business.
During this 6-week program, you will rotate through a variety of experiences that include:
- Landscape Maintenance - tree and shrub care, pest identification, irrigation systems, equipment operations, etc.
- Landscape Enhancement - plan reading, planting, equipment operation, etc.
- Landscape Operations - crew management, inventory, materials, sourcing, etc.
- Account Management/Sales - site reviews, proposals, contract set-up, etc.
Focused Internship Program
If you have a defined career path in mind and have previously completed a rotational style internship, this program is for you! We have opportunities for you to have an in-depth learning experience in Operations Management, Account Management/Sales, and Maintenance or Enhancement Crew Management.
Interested in joining the Schill team? Apply using the form below: