Job SummaryThe Fleet Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating our North Ridgeville branch's fleet and shop administration in accordance with company policies, principles, and procedures. We have a fleet of approximately 40 trucks both gas and diesel as well as a large fleet of 2 cycle and small engine equipment.
- Coordinates location’s fleet and shop administration in accordance with company policies, principles, and procedures.
- Assists VP of Ops & Branch Managers with forecasting and budgets.
- Directs safety strategies in shop and road service calls to ensure proper safety guidelines are followed, safety meetings are taking place, and safety goals are attained.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials and machines.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Schedules all Fleet Services employees daily, weekly and seasonal work flows.
- Assists in the development of the Fleet Services budget to include a review of past year expenses, adjusts and administers all Fleet Service purchases ( via PO system) , including parts, tools, office supplies
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts
- Performs related duties as required
- In-depth knowledge of fleet and shop operations and management
- Basic understanding of budgets, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and time management skills
- Valid Ohio Driver's License
- Available to be on call 24 hours a day
- High school graduate (Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or one year related experience and/or training
- OR Three years’ experience as a mechanic
- OR Equivalent combination of education and experience